Access control systems provide authorized individuals safe and secure access in and out of various parts of business.
Four major questions:
- What purpose will your access control system serve?
- What size and functions will your business need?
- What system updating, reporting and tracking is required?
- What help and support will your business need?
Access control systems have four major benefits.
- Simplify the management of access to the building. Keys do not have to be made and distributed to employees and contractors. Temporary or permanent credentials are issued.
- Eliminate risk of a misplaced or stolen key falling. There are significant risks and costs if a key falls into the wrong hands. Re-keying can be a large expense along with losses associated with theft.
- Improved tracking and audit trail - no record is kept with keys. Gain knowledge of who came and went through each door and when.
- Eliminate the need for facility staff to manually lock and unlock doors at the beginning and end of each business day. In addition, eliminate the risk of forgetting or improperly locking doors. Door access systems automatically unlock and lock on a schedule.