5 Tips- Avoid Maintenance Issues with Your Operable Walls
Airwall systems, also known as operable partitions and accordion walls, are probably the largest mechanical device in any commercial property. They break for a variety of reasons. Add years of functional life and appearance with these 5 tips.
- Training - Be sure that your service staff knows how to operate your operable walls. Sometimes, your staff members setting up and moving the operable wall system are not as careful as they should be and cause problems.
- Preventive Maintenance and Inspection - maintain optimal operating condition and prevent problems before they happen. Schedule should be set up based on frequency of use. For daily use of your operable walls, consider quarterly or semi annually.
- Underlying Issues - Determine if there are underlying problems if parts break frequently. It could be due to more serious problems such as a heave in the floor, an improper measurement made at the time the panels were manufactured or a sag in the overhead support structure.
- Smooth movements - Cleaning of the track and lubrication of the trolley wheel bearings will typically keep them moving smoothly (as long as they’re not dragging the floor). Clean, adjust and lubricate most intersections to improve panel movement. Some tracks have true 90 degree corners in the track that are notorious for problems. If the 90-degree intersections are damaged they might need to be replaced.
- Abnormal wear - Train your staff to do frequent inspections. Identify and communicate abnormal roller and panel wear and get repaired quickly.
AIP Operable Partition and Airwall Services include:
- New Installation
We have extensive experience working with Hufcor, Modernfold, Panelfold, Moderco, Kwik Wall, and more.
AIP stocks OEM new, used, and hard-to-find parts. We provide the highest level of service for an end-to-end experience. Look to AIP for the best combination of product, price, delivery and service.